There are a number of users who may use AOL for emails while Outlook for other activities such as making schedules, jotting down notes, and others. Of course, maintaining two different things can be a difficult task for a busy person and hence AOL has an IMAP process through which you can set up AOL Email in your Microsoft Outlook.
Quite obviously connecting AOL Emails to Microsoft Outlook makes a number of things convenient for you. Also, the setting up of AOL Email in Microsoft Outlook is quite easy so that you can get it done with just a few steps.
Setting Up AOL Email in Microsoft Outlook 2010
The instructions for setting up AOL Email in Microsoft 2010, 2013, and 206 are all the same.
Here are the steps following which you can set up AOL Email in Microsoft Outlook 2010.
• Click on the ‘File’ option that is available on the top left corner of Microsoft Outlook 2010.
• A page will open up with a left pane where you will find the option ‘Info’. Here, the very first option that will be available will have a point of ‘Add Account’. You have to click on that.
• Here you just need to provide your AOL Email id and need to click on the ‘Connect’ option.
• Now provide your password for AOL to connect.
• At last, click on the ‘Done’ option to complete the procedure.
Setting up AOL Email in Microsoft Outlook 2010 Manually?
The setting up of the AOL Email in Microsoft Outlook 2010 can be also done in a manual way with these steps.
• Similar to the above points, here also you have to click on ‘File’ and then ‘Info’ and then ‘Add Account’.
• Here, now you have to select the ‘Manual Setup’ option.
• Now select the option of ‘POP or IMAP’ and then click on the ‘Next’ option.
• A page will come up where you need to select IMAP from the dropdown list of the Account Type.
• Here you need to fill in the field with proper information such as your name, AOL email address, and other details.
• You have to enter imap.aol.com for ‘Incoming mail server’ and smtp.aol.com for ‘Outgoing mail server’.
• Now come to ‘More Settings’ and select “Outgoing Server” to click on the option “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication”. Also, select on the option “Use same settings as my incoming mail server”.
• Now come to the Advanced Tab and select SLL from the drop-down menu.
• Enter 933 for ‘Incoming Server’ and 465 in ‘Outgoing Server’.
• After clicking ‘OK’, go to the ‘Add Account’ window and click on the ‘Next’ option. Click on the Close button and after the system show the AOL Email is added in Microsoft Outlook, click on the ‘Finish’ option.
Setting up AOL Email in Microsoft Outlook 2010 can actually help the user in getting the tasks done in a much convenient way. The steps to get the set up done are quite easy. Also, in case the easy way does not work out, the users can make use of the manual way to get the set up done.